Beverly Sweeney has been a resident of Lima her entire life. She began her real estate career in 1973 and quickly fell in love with the industry. Bev has served as President and Vice President for the West Central Association of Realtors and on their board of directors for 11 years and was awarded their Realtor of the Year twice. She was also active on a state level and has chaired the Ohio Association of Realtor’s Professional Standards Committee and taught Professional Standards workshops throughout the state. In addition she was OAR’s district Vice President and has served on many of their committees. In 1994 she was awarded Realtor of the Year for the state of Ohio.
Bev founded Cowan Realtors in 1992 with a desire to open a local office that provided the best in training and resources for local agents. Cowan quickly became the number one local brokerage and remains so today. Over the past 25 years Cowan Realtors has sold over 1.3 Billion dollars of real estate and has completed over 12,000 transactions.
Accolades aside, Bev is passionate about helping the Lima area. Just last year Cowan Cares donated over $30,000 to the local community. Over the years she has been instrumental in United Way, Red Cross, local hospital fundraising, and countless other non-profit boards and committees. She is currently on the board of directors for the Allen County Visionaries and also the Equestrian Therapy Program. Bev believes the best part of Cowan’s success is being able to give back to a community that has given her so much.
• Realtor of the Year for the State of Ohio - 1994
• Past OAR District Vice President
• Past OAR Professional Standards Chair
• Past OAR Professional Standards Instructor
• 2 Time Past Recipient West Central Association of Realtors - Realtor of the Year
• Past West Central Association of Realtors President and Vice President
• Member of West Central Association of Realtors
• Member of Ohio Association of Realtors
• Member of National Association of Realtors